University of Bridgeport is looking for Web Application Developer to develop innovative web-based and mobile device based applications which will integrate flawlessly with the current University of Bridgeport’s digital presence.
University of Bridgeport
Department of Human Resources
126 Park Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06604, United States.
Fax: (203) 576-4601
The job details are as follows:-
Main Job Responsibilities of a Web Application Developer:-
- Web application developer have to work individually or in conjunction with a development team to produce and maintain high quality web based applications using various programming tools.
- He/She needs to design and develop database using MySQL or MSSQL.
- He/She has to build new software application for web interfaces to automated tasks that are currently manual and engage potential audiences.
- He/She has to create application for mobile devices.
- He/She has to optimize the current application backend design and organization.
- He/She has to determine appropriate architecture and other technical solutions and make relevant recommendations to the managers for current and future needs.
- The application developer will work closely with web design team and academic technology members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies and optimize current technology.
- He/She will be doing programming using a variety of Content Management System (CMS) frameworks, PHP, database driven applications, and mobile application development tools are all elements of this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in software development or related field is required.
- He/She should be able to program using PHP and database driven applications.
- He/She should have exceptional communication skills and organizational skills.
Review of applications:
Review of applications is continued until the position is filled.